Sunday 9 December 2012

Farewell Mini album for my domestic helper

We have recently changed our domestic helper.

Since my 1st daughter was 4 months old, my old helper Lani has been working with us. However she decided not to renew her employment contract with us as she is looking for a more relaxing job. So we took her for a farewell dinner at L Hotel Island South 3 weeks ago and presented her with my handmade album.

Since there has been lots of big changes within my family in the past 4 years, I feel so thankful and grateful for my helper's work and contribution in our family. She took care of my girls so well which make me safe to leave home sometimes to sort out other important matters.

I made this lovely house-shape mini album for her which contains some pictures of my two girls and the precious moments when she stayed with my kids.



Actually there are only a few pictures I've taken when my helper was staying with the girls. It is because I don't usually take my helper with me when I go out with the family. As I always want to take care of the kids by myself. Only a couple were taken last month in a occasion.









The MINI ALBUM is in the shape of a house, representing our family. It was die-cut by SIZZIX BIGZ DIE CUT, via Big shot.

I used the paper stock from My Mind’s Eye’sThe Sweetest thing,very clean and sweet series. The page size of the album is not very big, so I did not add to many decoration. But I used Kaiser Crafts 的 FINE & SUNNY COLLECTABLES,they have many choices of images like Sun, Flowers, Birds, etc. I stamped a few messages and I think they look great as a whole.



On her last day of service, I did not stay home but she reported to me over the phone that she's finished the handover with my new helper. However I still can't control my tear when I said thank you to her on the phone. 

I know she will be staying in Hong Kong and work for another family, but still.... am very grateful for her help in the last 4 years... keep in touch!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment